What is a Medical Pedicure?
A medical pedicure, also known as “medi pedi” or “medicure”, is a noninvasive treatment that focuses on the hygienic and aesthetic care of the toenails and soles of the feet.
After a full assessment of your feet and nails, our trained nail technician performs a dry procedure that combines podiatry with nail care. Unlike nail salons, our technician is trained to examine the feet and toenails using advanced equipment and tools, under the strictest hygiene protocols.
Medical Pedicures are the perfect alternative for diabetic patients, arthritis sufferers, runners, athletes, performers, professionals on their feet all day and anyone self-conscious about their feet. The service is performed in a private medical setting, and addresses unsightly and uncomfortable conditions such as:
- Athlete’s foot
- Dry, cracked heels
- Ingrown/overgrown toenails
- Nail discoloration
How are we different?
- At a traditional salon it is recommended you bring you own pedicure utensils to the salon. Why? Because bacteria and fungus can move easily from one person to the next if the salon doesn’t use proper sterilization techniques.
- We do not use foot razors on your feet to use to remove dead skin.Using a razor can result in permanent damage if used incorrectly and can easily cause infection if too much skin is removed.
- Use a pumice stone, foot file, or exfoliating scrub when eliminating thick, dead skin buildup, also known as calluses, on the heel and balls of the feet. As well as use paraffin and a medical grade moisturizer to lock in hydration.
- As a medical practice we undergo monthly quality control for our autoclave to ensure our instruments are up to code.